I. Papers on the implementation of BerkeleyGW
- Jack Deslippe, Georgy Samsonidze, David A. Strubbe, Manish Jain, Marvin L. Cohen, and Steven G. Louie, “BerkeleyGW: A Massively Parallel Computer Package for the Calculation of the Quasiparticle and Optical Properties of Materials and Nanostructures,” Comput. Phys. Commun. 183, 1269 (2012) (most up-to-date on arXiV)
- Mark S. Hybertsen and Steven G. Louie, “Electron correlation in semiconductors and insulators: Band gaps and quasiparticle energies,” Phys. Rev. B 34, 5390 (1986) [GW, GPP, COHSEX]
Errata: Eq. 11 should have E’ instead of E in the numerator. Eq. 32 should have Ω2 rather than Ω in the numerator. Eq. 34a should have δG,G instead of 1 in the parentheses.
- Sheng Bai Zhang, David Tománek, Marvin L. Cohen, Steven G. Louie, and Mark S. Hybertsen, “Evaluation of quasiparticle energies for semiconductors without inversion symmetry,” Phys. Rev. B 40, 3162 (1989) [GPP for systems without inversion symmetry]
- Michael Rohlfing and Steven G. Louie, “Electron-hole excitations and optical spectra from first principles,” Phys. Rev. B 62, 4927 (2000) [BSE]
Errata: Eqs. 26 and 27 should have 8π2 instead of 16π in the prefactor. Eq. 44 should be a sum over G ≠ 0. Eq. 45 should have ε-1G,G’ instead of ε-1G,0.
- Je-Luen Li, Gian-Marco Rignanese, Eric K. Chang, Xavier Blase, and Steven G. Louie, “GW study of the metal-insulator transition of bcc hydrogen,” Phys. Rev. B 66, 035102 (2002) [spin-polarized GW]
- Sohrab Ismail-Beigi, “Truncation of periodic image interactions for confined systems,” Phys. Rev. B 73, 233103 (2006) [slab and wire truncation]
- Jeffrey B. Neaton, Mark S. Hybertsen, and Steven G. Louie, “Renormalization of Molecular Electronic Levels at Metal-Molecule Interfaces,” Phys. Rev. Lett. 97, 216405 (2006) [ICM]
Erratum: p. 3, left col, last paragraph. Should be 1/2|z-z0| instead of 1/4|z-z0|.
- R. Haydock, “The recursive solution of the Schrödinger equation,” Comput. Phys. Commun. 20, 11 (1980)
- Loren X. Benedict and Eric L. Shirley, “Ab initio calculation of ε2(ω) including the electron-hole interaction: Application to GaN and CaF2,” Phys. Rev. B 59, 5441 (1999) [Haydock recursion in BSE]
- Georgy Samsonidze, Manish Jain, Jack Deslippe, Marvin L. Cohen, and Steven G. Louie, “Simple approximate physical orbitals for GW quasiparticle calculations,” Phys. Rev. Lett. 107, 186404 (2011) [SAPO]
II. Review articles on the GW approximation and Bethe-Salpeter equation approaches
- Lars Hedin and Stig Lundqvist, “Effects of Electron-Electron and Electron-Phonon Interactions on the One-Electron States of Solids,” Solid State Phys. 23, 1 (1970)
- Mark S. Hybertsen and Steven G. Louie, “Theory and Calculation of Quasiparticle Energies and Band Gaps,” Comments on Cond. Mat. Phys. 13, 223 (1987)
- G. Strinati, “Application of the Green’s functions method to the study of the optical properties of semiconductors,” Riv. Nuovo Cimento 11, 1 (1988)
- Steven G. Louie, “Quasiparticle Theory of Electron Excitations in Solids,” in Quantum Theory of Real Materials, eds. James R. Chelikowsky and Steven G. Louie, (Kluwer Press, Boston, 1996), p. 83
- Steven G. Louie, “First-Principles Theory of Electron Excitation Energies in Solids, Surfaces, and Defects,” in Topics in Computational Materials Science, ed. Ching-Yao Fong (World Scientific, Singapore, 1998) p. 96
- F. Aryasetiawan and O. Gunnarsson, “The GW method,” Rep. Prog. Phys. 61, 237 (1998)
- Lars Hedin, “On correlation effects in electron spectroscopies and the GW approximation,” J. Phys.: Condens. Matter 11, R489 (1999)
- Wilfried G. Aulbur, Lars Jönsson, and John W. Wilkins, “Quasiparticle calculations in solids,” Solid State Phys. 54, 1 (1999)
- Giovanni Onida, Lucia Reining, and Angel Rubio, “Electronic excitations: density-functional versus many-body Green’s-function approaches,” Rev. Mod. Phys. 74, 601 (2002)
- Steven G. Louie, “Predicting Materials and Properties: Theory of the Ground and Excited State,” in Conceptual Foundations of Materials: A Standard Model for Ground- and Excited-State Properties, vol. eds. Steven G. Louie and Marvin L. Cohen (Elsevier, Amsterdam, 2006) p. 9
III. Papers using BerkeleyGW
Please refer to the Google Scholar statistics of papers citing the BerkeleyGW code.