BerkeleyGW is licensed under a free, open source, and permissive 3-clause modified BSD license included with the package. Users may modify and share the source as is consistent with the license.
As a condition for using BerkeleyGW, you are asked to cite the following papers and acknowledge the use of the BerkeleyGW package in your publications.
-  Mark S. Hybertsen and Steven G. Louie, “Electron correlation in semiconductors and insulators: Band gaps and quasiparticle energies,” Phys. Rev. B 34, 5390 (1986)
-  Michael Rohlfing and Steven G. Louie, “Electron-hole excitations and optical spectra from first principles,” Phys. Rev. B 62, 4927 (2000)
-  Jack Deslippe, Georgy Samsonidze, David A. Strubbe, Manish Jain, Marvin L. Cohen, and Steven G. Louie, “BerkeleyGW: A Massively Parallel Computer Package for the Calculation of the Quasiparticle and Optical Properties of Materials and Nanostructures,” Comput. Phys. Commun. 183, 1269 (2012) (http://arxiv.org/abs/1111.4429)
Papers  and  should be cited when discussing quasiparticle properties such as GW band structures, and papers  and  should be cited when discussing optical properties with excitonic effects.
BerkeleyGW-3.0 Release Notes
- Full, 2-component spinor support enabling spin-orbit coupling (SOC) effects in GW and GW-BSE functionalities;
- Exciton finite momentum Q for exciton band structures;
- Broader support for arbitrary DFT starting-point functionals, including: LDA, GGA, hybrid, meta-GGA, DFT+U, etc.;
- Improved support to the latest Quantum Espresso (v6.x), in addition to existing support to other DFT codes;
- New support for GPU acceleration for Epsilon and Sigma (GPP) parts of the code, in addition to the standard CPU implementation;
- I/O performance improvements: full HDF5 support of wavefunctions (WFN files) besides standard binary I/O;
- New tools for wavefunction self-consistent calculations;
- Improved performance, tools and documentation for new and existing features;
- Additional examples on public repository: https://github.com/BerkeleyGW/BerkeleyGW-examples;
- Several bug fixes and improved compilers/libraries support.
BerkeleyGW 1.2: BGW-1.2.0.tar.gz – License – Manual (HTML)(PDF) – August 2016
BerkeleyGW 1.2-beta: BGW-1.2-beta.tar.gz – License – August 2015
BerkeleyGW 1.1-beta2: BGW-1.1-beta2.tar.gz – License – Manual (HTML)(PDF) – December 2014
BerkeleyGW 1.1-beta: BGW-1.1.beta.tar.gz – License – Manual (HTML)(PDF) – 30 June 2014
BerkeleyGW 1.0.6: BGW-1.0.6.tar.gz – License – Manual (HTML)(PDF) – 21 Nov 2013
BerkeleyGW 1.0.5: BGW-1.0.5.tar.gz – License – 30 Aug 2013
BerkeleyGW 1.0.4: BGW-1.0.4.tar.gz – License – 10 Dec 2012
BerkeleyGW 1.0.3: BGW-1.0.3.tar.gz – License – 10 July 2012
BerkeleyGW 1.0.2: BGW-1.0.2.tar.gz – License – 14 April 2012
BerkeleyGW 1.0.1: BGW-1.0.1.tar.gz – License – 18 March 2012
BerkeleyGW 1.0.0: BGW-1.0.0.tar.gz – License – 28 February 2012